Federal Communications Bar Association
The Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA) is a volunteer organization of attorneys, engineers, consultants, economists, government officials and law students. Its members are those who are involved in the study, development, interpretation and practice of communications and information technology law and policy. The FCBA has been the leading bar association for communications lawyers and other professionals since 1936 with more than three thousand members.
Although the majority of FCBA members practice in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area, the FCBA has nine active regional chapters, including Atlanta, Florida, Midwest, New England, New York, Northern California, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Texas. The FCBA has members from across the U.S., its territories and several other countries.
FCBA offers its members the following benefits:
- The FCBA offers its members a variety of unique opportunities to interact with their peers and the decision-makers in the field and to remain abreast of developments in communications and information technology law and policy.
- FCBA affords its members opportunities to associate with a broad and diverse cross-section of other professionals.
- FCBA members enjoy frequent professional development seminars on a variety of topics such as regulatory developments, technical issues, and economic analysis relevant to media, telecommunications, wireless, international regulation (or telecom) and Internet-related practices, among others.
- The FCBA provides training for newer lawyers and communications professionals.
- The Federal Communications Law Journal published in cooperation with Indiana University School of Law affords interested members the opportunity to be involved in legal scholarship in the field.
FCBA members provide volunteer services to the community in a variety of ways, including through the FCBA Foundation, a non-profit charitable and educational organization under section 501(c)(3)of the Internal Revenue Code.
1020 19th Street, N.W,
Washington, DC 20036-6101.