Defense Research Institute (DRI) is the international organization of attorneys defending the interests of business and individuals in civil litigation. DRI provides numerous educational and informational resources to DRI members. It offers many opportunities for liaison among defense trial lawyers, Corporate America, and state and local defense organizations. DRI also has an international presence, seeking to enhance understanding of the law among members of the defense community who have reason to be concerned with the expanding globalization of litigation defense.
DRI aims to:
- To teach and educate and to improve the skills of the defense law practitioner,
- To strive for improvement in the civil justice system,
- To be a counterpoint to the plaintiff’s bar and seek balance in the justice system in the minds of potential jurors and on all fields where disputes are resolved,
- To assist members in dealing with the economic realities of the defense law practice,
- To urge members to practice ethically and responsibly, keeping in mind the lawyer’s responsibilities that go beyond the interest of the client to the good of American society as a whole.
DRI’s members and potential leaders are often also members and leaders of other defense organizations. Accordingly, DRI encourages all national, state, and local defenses. A defense lawyer who is a member of his or her state or local defense organization qualifies for a free one-year membership in DRI.
DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
55 W. Monroe, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60603
Defense Research Institute Website