Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International is a professional law fraternity advancing integrity, compassion and courage through service to the student, the school, the profession and the community.
The purpose of this Fraternity shall be:
- to form a strong bond uniting students and teachers of the law with members of the Bench and Bar in a fraternal fellowship designed to advance the ideals of liberty and equal justice under law;
- to stimulate excellence in scholarship;
- to inspire the virtues of compassion and courage;
- to foster integrity and professional competence;
- to promote the welfare of its members; and
- to encourage their moral, intellectual, and cultural advancement.
The persons eligible for membership in the Fraternity are:
- Any person who is in attendance and in good standing at any law school where a chapter of this Fraternity is chartered.
- Any person who has been licensed to practice law in, and is in good standing with, any jurisdiction recognized by the International Chapter or by the International Executive Board;
- any graduate of any law school where a chapter of this fraternity may be chartered; and any judge who qualified in any of the preceding categories prior to becoming a judge.
- Any person who has attained unusual distinction in the legal profession or in the field of law at least a statewide basis
- Any member of the administration, faculty or any student in good standing at any institution of higher learning where a pre-law chapter of this Fraternity is chartered.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
345 N. Charles Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201.